The upcycled fashions below were part of a past a past fundraising project for Feministry Corp. While it was not as succesful as I expected, it was a mind bending puzzle where I learned a lot about online sales and the intersection between fashion, upcycling, thrift stores, and online media. The current fundraising project is the 18+ content on this website. For the password to the 18+ videos, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
The original jacket was bought second hand from a thrift store in California. Then, the front frill on the bottom was sewn over the pockets from a table cloth from a thrift store in Massachusettes and the back-bottom frill was sewn on from a curtain. The frill on the top of the jacket was sewn from another thrifted, white table cloth and the front, purple detailing was sewn on from a pair of men's pants that were purchased from Plato's Closet in Waltham, MA. The leaves on the ends of the sleeves were cut from an old work shirt. Find more pictures here.
This mini dress was originally from Plato's Closet in Waltham, MA with the wings and apron added later. The apron is made from the old, green work shirt and the purple men's pants. The wings were made from old bed sheets and the letters were cut out the green work shirt. Find more pictures here.
This crop top is from a bargin store in California and the neckline, armline, and belly line were removed to give the ends an undone lock. From the somewhat smaller shirt, leaf-shapes were cut from an old sheet and then were sewn onto the shoulders by hand. Find more pictures here.
This dress was originally from Goodwill. I cut out the keyhole in the front and made the bottom edgy by making upward cuts. The train in the back is attached at the neckline and was made from an old curtain from Goodwill. Find more pictures here.
This is a cover up made from an old curtain and the frill at the top in from another old curtain. Both were from thrift stores. It makes for a nice thing to weird over a basic outfit, to the beach, or as an extremely eccentric costume. In the link below you can see me (Eren) wearing it as a costume with another part of the curtain handing in the background. The curtain became exceptionally upcycled because the bar attaching it as a door to the living room was originally part of a broom and it was duct-taped to the walls. I think it is particularly inventive. Find more pictures here.
This dress was originally from a thrift store and but the original arms were removed and attached new arms, with the shoulder exposed, were sewn on from a peasant top from TJMaxx. The top of the dress was sewn from a white sheet from a thrift store and the grid at the bottom of the dress was sewn on by hand from the same white sheet. Find more pictures here.
The top was originally from a thrift store and the front bow was created using pieces of a curtain and the plastically pink fabric on the skirt that was used for the vest with lots of pockets. The peplum that it originally came with was white all the way around but the mid-back part was removed in order to add a see-through piece that matched the curtain used in the front bow. Find more pictures here.
This blue blouse was originally from a store but had its collar removed and a few pockets added. The front pocket is made from a thrift store dress and the back piece is from the blue curtain. Click here for more pictures of the Paintbrush shirt.